Head Diving Coach
The Kenwood Swim and Tennis Club is seeking a dependable and responsible individual to work as Head Dive Coach for KSTC’s summer dive team. As Head Dive Coach you will be responsible for providing our divers with sound fundamental technique and skills, proper preparation for competition, and lessons in safety and sportsmanship in a fun, team-spirited environment.
The Kenwood Swim and Tennis Club is a private swim club located on the east side of Cincinnati. The club’s mission is to actively engage our members, staff and community through programs and services that contribute to their overall health and wellness. Our summer swim and dive programs are an important part of that mission and coaches must reflect that at all times.
Our season starts on May 30th and ends on July 14th. Practices will be held Monday-Thursday 9-11am and10-11am on Friday. Meets are held on Thursday afternoons and finals are held on July 8, 13 and 14.
- Prepares for and supervises all practices, meets and team functions throughout the season
- Facilitates interactions among the children to help build relationships and encourage teamwork
- Instruct proper skill development and enforce regulations
- Maintains the safety and security of all children at all times
- Arrives to work as scheduled, is engaged and on task
- Attends mandatory training and meetings with dive reps and management as needed
- Assists in the setup and cleanup of all home meets and practices
- Assists with organizing the Swim/Dive Team Banquet (to be held on Sunday, August 13)
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Applicants should have strong diving skills, extensive dive knowledge and leadership qualities
- Must be able to teach and motivate kids of all ages and have great communication skills
- Must enjoy working with children, be energetic, and be dependable role models
- CPR and lifeguard certifications preferred but not required
- Previous coaching experience preferred but not required
- Competitive college diving experience is preferred by not required
- Experience in a private swim club diving program is a plus
- Needs to be physically able to perform the job tasks required which may include standing, walking, and water activities for an entire shift
- Must be able to work inside and outside in conditions that may be hot and humid
Compensation is commensurate with experience and competitive with surrounding programs.
Please apply by sending your resume to Dayna Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org; Responses received without a resume will not be considered.