EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT
A & B SWIM FINALS
- July 9 – B Swim Finals
- July 10 & 11 – A Swim Finals
We hope your swimmer is looking forward to showing all their improvement and swimming FAST! Below are some details to help with your plannings for the meet. For those who are newer to the sport of swimming, these championships include prelims and finals. This means that all entered swimmers participate in prelims on Tuesday. The top 16 in each event then move on to finals which are Wednesday evening.
Keating Natatorium at St. Xavier High School
600 W. North Bend Rd Cincinnati, OH 45224
There should be ample parking available in the school lot
- 13-14 and 15-18 Prelims — Tuesday July 9th — Arrive by 7:20AM for Warm-ups(Lanes 5 and 6) –> Meet starts at 8:30AM
- 8 & Under, 9-10, 11-12 Prelims — Tuesday July 9th — Arrive by 12:00PM for Warm-ups(Lanes 5 and 6) –> Meets starts at 1:30PM
- Final Qualifiers All Ages — Wednesday July 10th — Arrive by 4:10 for Warm-ups(Lanes 5 and 6) –> Meets starts at 5:30PM
Please note: 8 and Under, 9-10 and 11-12 relays will be swum Timed finals during the prelim session Tuesday Afternoon, they will not swim relays again on Wednesday for these age groups.
Seating locations marked off and preassigned to each team. Our seating location is on the side of the pool in the middle about a quarter of the way from the start. Please make sure to stay in the assigned Kenwood area and stay out of the other teams areas (areas are divided equally and were assigned by random draw to keep things fair). Also if your child is not getting ready to swim/swimming please consider shifting so other parents get the best chance to see their swimmer.
Keating Natatorium has concessions available throughout the meet. Please let me know if you have further questions or need additional information.
Schedule and Order of Events
The order of events is the same as during dual meets (Medley Relay, Free, Breast, Back, Fly, IM, Free Relay) but a more detailed schedule and order of events is attached.
Below is a list of the rules for the meet, please review these with your swimmer.
- There will be a clerk of course for the preliminary session for swimmers 8 & under. Swimmers 9 & over should report directly to the starting blocks for their events.
- No cell phones or cameras allowed in the Natatorium locker rooms. This is USA swimming policy.
- All swimmers are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. It is the responsibility of all parents to ensure all minor participants/spectators are well behaved and under supervision at all times. Any swimmer acting in an inappropriate manner will be reported to their coach. If the swimmer is reported a second time, they will be banned from participating for the remainder of the meet.
- Shoes are to be worn by the athletes once they leave the pool deck!
- Please encourage your swimmers to wear shoes and to DRY OFF before leaving the pool deck. Every year the hallways and stairs become hazardous due to wet swimmers.
- Parents that are not working Clerk Of Course (or Timer or Judge) are NOT permitted on the pool deck at any time.
- Please be respectful and keep the stairs and doorways clear. Walkways are clearly marked with red tape, no standing on the rails to watch.
- No coolers or glass containers are permitted in the natatorium. Swimmers’ bags are not permitted in the spectator seating.
- No towels, bags or personal belongings may be left in the natatorium between prelims and finals.
Come and join the KSTC Swim & Dive Team!
- 2019 Registration Form/Print – Coming soon! email@example.com
- PPSL Diving Rules
- PPSL Rules
NEW Shop for all your KSTC Spirit Wear online. SHOP NOW!
KTSC Crocodiles Parent Guide
Joining the KSTC Crocodiles summer swim team! Our goal for the summer is to create a fun, competitive environment for our kids! The swim team is a great way for kids to be active, develop skills and make friends.
Participation and Schedules
Please communicate in advance any meets that you and your child are not available to attend. This helps the coaches plan the lineup for each meet and make sure the meets are planned out in advance of the start. Last-minute changes can significantly delay the start which then makes them end even later! Please e-mail the head coach or the team coordinator when you know you and your swimmer will not be available for a meet. This is especially important for championships! Entries are due a week in advance of the meet and there is a fee (paid by the team) for each entry.
In order for our team to be successful (and for meets to run smoothly and end at a reasonable time), we rely heavily on the participation of all parents. Due to the small size of the team, parents should be prepared to work all meets in which their child is participating. If your child is swimming or diving in the meet, a worker should be provided. If this presents a problem for your athlete, please discuss with the team coordinator.
We will be using Sign-up Genius to fill volunteer slots for each meet. This site will allow you to identify the meets that you & your swimmer/diver are available to attend. If you are unable to access the website through e-mail, please visit www.signupgenius.com and search for “KSTC Crocodiles Meet Availability”.
Some positions need no training at all. Others require specific training, which will be provided by the team. For most positions, there are two shifts, so you will only work for one half of the meet. Each of these positions helps us run a smooth meet and make it a great experience for both the athletes and the parents!
For all meets (home and away), the following volunteers are needed:
- Timers (12-16 per meet): Attend the meeting shortly before the meet begins to obtain instructions, a stop watch and clipboard. There are two timers per lane per half.
- Clerks of Course (8&U) (6 per meet): Gather and line up 8 & under swimmers for their individual events and relays. Guide them to the starting blocks for their start.
- Clerks of Course (9-10) (6 per meet): Gather and line up 9-10 year old swimmers for their individual events and relays. Guide them to the starting blocks for their start.
- Place Judges (4 per meet): At the finish line, record the finish order of the swimmers
- Runners (2 per meet): Collect time records at the lanes and take them to the score table
- Ribbons (4-6 per meet): Attach identifying stickers with swimmer and race info to each ribbon.
- Stroke & Turn Judges* (4-8 per meet): Judge starts, turns, finishes, strokes and relay exchanges per PPSL rules. *Mandatory training for judges will be held on May 19, 2018 from 5:00-5:45 at the Madeira Swim Club for the swimming.
- Scorer (1-2 per meet): Enter the results of each heat into the computer system to generate the score and print stickers for the ribbons. *Requires learning the meet software. We will host a training session prior to the first meet.
- Diving Judge (2-3 per meet): Judge the quality of each diver’s dive.
*Mandatory training is TBD but expect to be early June.
In addition to the above, the following volunteers are needed for home meets:
- Concessions: (4-6 per meet): Sell food and drinks, cook on the grill
Announcer/Starter (1-2 per meet): Uses megaphone and starter equipment to begin each race.
- Meet Organizer (1-2 per meet): Helps with any issues that may arise and keep things running smoothly.
- Scorer (1-2 per meet): Enter the results of each heat into the computer system to generate the score and print stickers or the ribbons. *Requires learning the meet software. We will host a training session prior to the first meet.
Practices are held Monday through Friday.
The KSTC Crocs are part of the Private Pool Swim League (PPSL) of Cincinnati. We compete with teams throughout the greater Cincinnati area. The meet schedule is attached to this document. Meets are conducted according to PPSL rules.
Swimmers are encouraged to attend as many practices as possible each week to develop skills and build endurance.
As mentioned above, parents are required to volunteer part of their time to help run the meet. For home meets, in addition to volunteering, parents are asked to provide a baked good (can be store-bought) or other item for sale at the concessions. These concessions help minimize our swim team dues and support our swim club.
Please note: Parents are expected to provide supervision for their child at all meets.
Unless otherwise specified, meet start times are as follows:
- Diving Warm-ups: Home team starts @ 3:00pm, Away team starts @ 3:30pm
- Diving Competition: 4:00pm
- Swimming Warm-ups: Home team starts @ 6:00pm (or immediately after completion of the diving competition), Away team starts @ 6:30pm
- Swimming Competition: 7:00pm
In order to qualify for championships, each swimmer/diver must participate in at least two regular dual/tri meets. There are two PPSL championship meets, A and B. Swimmers/divers will only participate in one of the championship meets (not both), based on their performance throughout the season.
This year, to help defray the costs of participation, we have set up a team website though Swimoutlet.com:
Please visit this site to order a team suit (black with green stripes/piping) and any other accessories your swimmer/diver will need. A team suit is NOT required, but is recommended. The suits available through Swim Outlet are much less expensive than the brand-name suits we have used in the past. Team swim caps and team t-shirts will be provided by the team. Each swimmer will need a swimsuit, goggles and a towel for practice. For meets, your child should wear the team suit, team swim cap and goggles. It is recommended that your swimmer bring several towels, dry clothes and even a sweatshirt (it can sometimes get pretty cool when the sun goes down). A spare pair of goggles is also recommended should the first pair break. Please write your child’s name on all their belongings!
Having fun is a major goal of the Crocs! Several social events are planned throughout the season and your participation is encouraged! See the schedule for events and times.
A banquet will be held at the end of the season, after championships. Each family is asked to contribute a dish to share and the coaches will present awards to the swimmers and divers.
Thanks again for joining the KSTC Crocs! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the team coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenwood Crocodiles 2019 Schedule
PROPOSED SWIMMING SCHEDULE 2019 (Will be confirmed. Subject to change)
Saturday May 18th — Swim/Dive Sign-Up Day (10:00am-12:00pm) @ KSTC
Tuesday May 28th – May 30th – Stroke Clinics and Early Season Practice
- 5:00 – 5:45PM 11 & Up Practice
- 5:45 – 6:15PM 10 & Under Stroke Clinics
Friday May 31st – First Practice
- Monday – Thursday Swim Practice (11 & Up 8:30-9:30am; 9-10 9:30-10:15am; 8 & Under 10:15-10:45am)
- Friday Swim Practice(11 & Up 9:15 – 10:00AM, 10 & Under 10:00-10:30AM)
- Monday – Thursday Dive Practice (9:00-11:00am)
- Friday Dive Practice (10:00-11:00am)
Thursday June 6th – Home Swim Meet Vs. Madeira Swim Club (4:00PM Dive/7:00 PM Swim)
Saturday June 8th – 8 & Under Mini Meet @ Kenwood (vs. Madeira) (9:00-10:30AM)
Thursday June 13th – Away Swim Meet @ Overhill Swim Club (4:00PM Dive/7:00 PM Swim)
Thursday June 20th – Home Swim Meet Vs. Shady Lane Swim Club (4:00PM Dive/7:00 PM Swim)
Saturday June 22nd – 8 & Under Mini Meet @ Madeira (9:00-10:30AM)
Thursday June 27th – Away Swim Meet @ Clifton Meadows (4:00PM Dive/7:00 PM Swim)
Tuesday July 2nd – Away Swim Meet @ Delhi Swim Club (4:00PM Dive/7:00 PM Swim)
Saturday July 6th – Diving “B” Finals @ Delhi Swim Club
Monday July 8th – Swimming “B” Finals @ Mt Lookout
Tuesday July 9th – Swimming “A” Prelims @ Keating Natatorium (St. Xavier HS)
Wednesday July 10th – Swimming “A” Finals @ Keating Natatorium (St. Xavier HS)
Thursday July 11th – Diving “A” Prelims @ Madeira Swim Club
Friday July 12th – Diving “A” Finals @ Madeira Swim Club
Sunday August 11th – End of Season Banquet
Unless otherwise specified, all Dive Meets start at 4:00pm and all Swim Meets start at 7:00pm. Finals start times are TBD.
MEET OUR COACHES
Head Coach – Carey will be returning to KSTC for her fourth year as the head coach of the Crocodiles. Carey began swimming for the Crocodiles when she was 9 years old. Carey graduated from Marietta College with a degree in Middle Childhood Education and currently works in accounting at Jutze Kopfler & Associates. She looks forward to returning to Kenwood for another year of coaching!
Diving Coach – Trish just completed her third year as a springboard and platform diver at University of Cincinnati. She qualified for the NCAA Zone Championships this year and won the Platform event at American Athletic Conference Championships in 2018. She returns for her second season with crocs and is excited to continue to make an impact on the KSTC divers.
Assistant Coach – Liv is a swimmer for both the Cincinnati Aquatic Club and Indian Hill High School where she will be a senior in the fall. Liv has been a Kenwood Crocodile since she was 9 years old and considers the summer swim season one of her favorite times of year! This will be Liv’s third year as a coach for the Kenwood Crocodiles. She is so excited to get to know and work with all of the swimmers! Liv is an Ohio High School State Meet and USA Speedo Sectionals qualifier. She swims breaststroke and IM, and currently holds the girls 13-14 100m breaststroke record at KSTC. Liv is looking forward to another fantastic season of fun and fast swimming! Go Crocs!
Assistant Coach – Will’s passion for swimming began as a Crocodile swimmer in the 8 and under age group. Since then, Will has competed for the past seven years as a year-round swimmer for Cincinnati Aquatic Club, where he has been both a Junior Olympic and Central Zone qualifier and most recently earned a spot on the CAC National team. Will is currently a sophomore at Indian Hill High School and is a High School State qualifier who has participated as a varsity member of Indian Hill’s CHL winning team for the past two seasons. Will is thrilled at the opportunity to be on-deck with the Crocs this summer to share his enthusiasm for all things swimming and is looking forward to an enriching, fun-filled season of fast swimming! GO CROCS! 🙂
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you at the pool!